- Men sentenced following football violence ukcri.me/61792Four men have been jailed for football-related disorder which occurred in west London.The group were involved in violent disorder outside a public house following a Queens Park Rangers versus Burnley FC Championship match on 1 February 2014.All four were sentenced for affray on Friday, 17 April at Isleworth Crown Court.They […]
- Earnest Davenport charged with the murder of Susan Davenport ukcri.me/61790A man has been charged in connection with the murder of a woman in Bury.Earnest Davenport (born 27/05/1950) of Rectory Lane, Bury has been charged with murder.He is due to appear at Manchester Magistrates Court Saturday 18 April 2015, having been remanded in custody.At 4.45pm on Tuesday 14 April 2015, […]
- Man jailed for Kingston drugs offences ukcri.me/61787A 22-year-old man has been jailed following an operation targeting drug dealers.Mohammed Faisal Riasat, 22 (12.09.92) of Warner Avenue, Sutton appeared at Kingston Crown Court on Wednesday, 15 April.He pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply controlled drugs and was sentenced to three years and six months in jail.The […]
- A man has been arrested following the death of a woman ukcri.me/61783A man has been arrested by detectives investigating the death of a woman in Bolton.Shortly after 8.30am on Thursday 16 April 2015, police were called to Lord Street in Kearsley, following reports the body of a woman, now identified as Carolyn Sharrocks, 41, had been found.A post-mortem into the cause […]
- 13-year-old boy jailed for life for the murder of Glynis Bensley ukcri.me/61780At Wolverhampton Crown Court today, a 13-year-old youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been jailed for life, with a minimum tariff of 12 years, after he had been found guilty of the murder of 47-year-old Glynis Bensley by a jury following a trial in March.Fellow defendant Zoheb […]
- Man pleads guilty to a string of child sexual abuse charges ukcri.me/61776A paedophile caught abusing children after he attempted to incite a young girl into a sexual act has admitted a string of offences, including 10 counts of rape.Michael D’Costa, 64 (05.07.50), of Farnborough Close, Wembley, appeared at Isleworth Crown Court today, Friday, 17 April, charged with sexual offences against children.He […]
- Burglar jailed after leaving fingerprints at crime scene ukcri.me/61773A burglar who left his fingerprints on a window ledge after ransacking a property has been jailed for four years.Michael Bass, 29 (17.08.85), unemployed of no fixed abode, was jailed for four years for burglary at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Thursday, 16 April, having previously denied the offence.Police were alerted […]
- Plain clothed officer assaulted and had bike stolen in Salford ukcri.me/61769It happened at about 2pm on Thursday 9 April 2015, when the plain clothed officer was patrolling the Higher Broughton area on his push bike.The officer saw a man he suspected of drug dealing, he tried to stop him but the man ran away into a nearby garden where the […]
- Discovery of 2 dead bodies in Bootle sparks double murder probe ukcri.me/61767Merseyside Police can confirm a murder investigation is underway following the discovery of the bodies of two women in Bootle overnight (Thursday, 16 to Friday, 17 April).Detective Superintendent Tim Keelan, said: “Detectives have launched a murder inquiry following the discovery of two bodies at two separate addresses in Bootle.“At about […]
- Dylan Jackson wanted in Connection with the murder of Herman ‘Louis’ Simpson. ukcri.me/61764Detectives have released a picture of a man wanted in connection with the murder of Wolverhampton local Herman ‘Louis’ Simpson.Dylan Jackson, aged 20 of no fixed address, is being sought by police after Mr Simpson was stabbed to death around 8.30pm on Monday (13 April) evening at a flat in […]
The East Midlands Regional Assembly has met for the last time before being abolished.
The assembly, which had its final meeting on Friday, includes MEPs, business representatives, and local politicians nominated from councils.
It was launched in Leicester in 1998, but is now being scrapped along with seven other assemblies in England. BBC