- PC Allan Smith sacked after disciplinary hearing finds him guilty of gross misconduct. ukcri.me/62531A Dorset Police officer who pleaded guilty to harassment and data protection offences has been dismissed from the Force following a disciplinary hearing.Police Constable Allan Smith was dismissed without notice after being found guilty of one charge of discreditable conduct which amounts to gross misconduct.The Special Case Hearing took place […]
- Statement in response to jury decision after officer found not guilty of murder ukcri.me/62528Today, Friday, 3 July, a jury at the Old Bailey has found Tony Long, a former Metropolitan Police Service firearms officer, not guilty of the murder of Azelle Rodney, on 30 April 2005.Assistant Commissioner Patricia Gallan, in charge of Specialist Crime and Operations, said: “Police officers are not exempt from […]
- CCTV footage released after Manchester city centre attack ukcri.me/62526A group of friends were attacked as they left a bar in Manchester city centre.At around 4am on Tuesday 2 June 2015, the three men aged 21, 22 and 28, left Sakura on Deansgate Locks and were stood on the opposite side of the road near to Rebellion Bar and […]
- Redditch man sees sentence doubled to 20 years’ imprisonment for multiple rapes ukcri.me/62524The Court of Appeal has today increased the sentence of Redditch rapist John Dennis from 10 to 20 years’ imprisonment after ruling the original sentence unduly lenient.John Dennis subjected four women to a campaign of sexual violence over a period of years. He raped and assaulted his victims, causing actual […]
- Man charged after attack on female prisoner custody office ukcri.me/62522Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command have charged a man after a Serco prisoner custody officer was assaulted at Blackfriars Crown Court.Humphrey Burke – 22 (04.03.93) of no fixed abode was charged on Tuesday, 30 June with section 18 GBH and will appear in custody at Camberwell Green […]
- Man who murdered his neighbour sentenced to life ukcri.me/62518A man who murdered his neighbour as she walked to work, has today been sentenced to life.Trevor Gibbon, 48 (30.07.1966) of Windsor Crescent, Harrow was sentenced today, Tuesday 30 June at the Old Bailey to life imprisonment and will serve a minimum of 28 years Gibbon was found guilty at […]
- Clacton man faces life sentence after guilty plea to murder ukcri.me/62515A man has admitted murder at a hearing at Chelmsford Crown Court this Week Darren Gilbert, 22, of Holland Road, Clacton, admitted killing 54-year-old James Gregoire in Clacton town centre on Monday, April 13.Following the murder at 11.45pm police locked down the centre of Clacton after an altercation spread across a […]
- Letchworth teenager sentenced to three years for attempted robbery in Willian, Letchworth ukcri.me/6251217-year-old boy from Letchworth was sentenced to three year’s imprisonment at Cambridge Crown Court on Thursday, June 25th after being found guilty of attempted robbery and possession of an imitation firearm.The offence took place on Friday, April 11, 2014 at 4pm when the teenager, who cannot be named because of […]
- 25 serving Essex Police officedr served with misconduct notices by IPCC ukcri.me/62510A managed investigation by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) into Essex Police’s north Child Abuse Investigation Team (CAIT) is now looking at 49 separate cases relating to the handling of child abuse inquiries reported between 2011 and 2014.The IPCC has issued 25 notices to serving Essex Police officers and […]
- Teenager arrested by TITAN as part of joint FBI Investigation ukcri.me/62507A teenager in Wirral, Merseyside has this morning been arrested by detectives from ‘Titan’, the North-west’s regional organised crime unit, as part of a joint investigation with the FBI into bomb hoaxes and threats made against schools, media companies, airports and airlines in the United States of America.The 16-year-old was arrested […]
The East Midlands Regional Assembly has met for the last time before being abolished.
The assembly, which had its final meeting on Friday, includes MEPs, business representatives, and local politicians nominated from councils.
It was launched in Leicester in 1998, but is now being scrapped along with seven other assemblies in England. BBC