- Jail for man who had 118 wraps of drugs on himFollowing an investigation by Thames Valley Police, a man has been sentenced to more than two years’ imprisonment for drugs offences in Reading. Charlie Hiatt, aged 21, of Deeley Road, London, was sentenced at Reading Crown Court today (26/1). He was sentenced to two years and eight months’ imprisonment for […]
- Consultant pediatrician Dr Jayaram Pai to appear in court on sexual assault chargesJayaram Pai, 45, of The Spinney, Battle, a doctor at Conquest Hospital, Hastings, has been charged with three offences of sexual assault on 28 February 2013 on a girl then aged 16 who was an out-patient at the hospital. Dr Pai is a consultant paediatrician employed by the East Sussex […]
- Murder investigation underway in Bedford after man suffers stab woundsPolice investigating the death of a man in Bedford this afternoon (Monday 26 January) say he suffered from stab injuries. Now officers are appealing to residents in Byron Crescent and neighbouring streets to contact them immediately if they find a knife or other sharp object discarded in their gardens, wheelie […]
- Former police chaplain pleads guilty to possessing indecent imagesA former force chaplain has pleaded guilty to making and possessing indecent images and perverting the course of justice. Stephen Talbot, 62, who was previously based at force headquarters, appeared at Cambridge Crown Court earlier today (Monday). He resigned from his role supporting the force on Wednesday, October 1, and […]
- The face of a man who attacked his own 82yr old Grandfather is jailed for 19yearsTwo men and a woman have been sentenced to a combined 39 years in prison in connection with a violent burglary in Cheshunt last year. The incident occurred at around 12.30am on Tuesday 13th May in Penton Drive. The victim, who was aged 82 at the time of the incident, […]
- Ten jailed for nearly 200 years after cutting off man’s finger in Coventry kidnap plotTen men have been jailed today (26 January) at Coventry Crown Court for nearly 200 years after kidnapping a Coventry man and cutting his finger off in a ransom demand. The 26-year-old victim was bundled into the back of a van at gunpoint by three men wearing balaclavas in Milverton […]
- statement over deaths in Manchester’s waterwaysOfficers from Greater Manchester Police have met with Birmingham City University’s Professor Craig Jackson to talk about deaths on Manchester’s waterways. Detectives from Greater Manchester Police’s Major Incident Team analysed data from the past seven years and senior detectives, along with a Manchester Coroner, met with Professor Jackson to discuss […]
- Update over historic child abuse investigation across Greater ManchesterDetectives continue to investigate reports of historic child abuse at care homes and institutions across Greater Manchester. These include investigations into Knowl View residential school for boys in Rochdale, Broome House and Rose Hill care homes in Manchester and Woodend assessment centre in Wigan. Detective Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson, head […]
- Arsonist who targeted wheelchair-bound woman jailed – StockportA man has been jailed after setting fire to a wheelie bin outside the home of a wheelchair-bound woman in Stockport, endangering her life. The 61-year-old disabled woman was only saved thanks to the intervention of her dog, who alerted her to the fire enabling her to bang on the […]
- Man violently robbed after being hit with a batonPolice are appealing for witnesses after a man was violently robbed as he walked home work in Manchester. Sometime between 11:55pm on Saturday 24 January 2015 and 12:10am on Sunday 25 January 2015, a 39-year-old man was walking along Ridgway Street in the Miles Platting area of Manchester after finishing […]
The East Midlands Regional Assembly has met for the last time before being abolished.
The assembly, which had its final meeting on Friday, includes MEPs, business representatives, and local politicians nominated from councils.
It was launched in Leicester in 1998, but is now being scrapped along with seven other assemblies in England. BBC