- Man Charged with Offences After EDL Protest in Sheldon ukcri.me/64985A man has been charged with several offences after being arrested during an English Defence League protest in Sheldon on Saturday 25 June.Thomas Johnstone, of Hitchen Road in Luton, Bedfordshire, has been charged with two counts of racially aggravated public order, two counts of threatening behaviour and obstructing police.The 30-year-old […]
- Teen Who Left Door Open So Burglars Could Rob His Friends Jailed ukcri.me/64982A teenage boy who arranged for his friends to be held at knife-point and robbed of a £16,000 luxury watch has been jailed for nine years.The boy, aged 16, from Glenrosa Street in Fulham was sentenced at Isleworth Crown Court to an extended sentence of 14 years’ imprisonment, comprising of […]
- Four Convicted Following Kidnapping and Torture ukcri.me/64979A woman and three men who kidnapped and tortured a vulnerable 32-year-old man for four days have been sentenced to a total of 16 years in prison.All four were sentence at Inner London Crown Court on Thursday, 16 June having previously pleaded not guilty at an earlier hearing and was […]
- CCTV Issued to Identify Newham Assault Suspects ukcri.me/64976Detectives from Newham Borough investigating an assault have issued CCTV footage of two men they wish to identify and speak to in connection with the incident.On Sunday, 5 June police were called at around 01:20hrs to a report of an assault outside Barclays Bank in High Street North, Newham.Officers and […]
- Drugs Arrest After Newport Raid ukcri.me/64974At approximately 3:00pm on Wednesday 22nd June 2016 Gwent Police carried out a search warrant at an address on Nash Road, Newport.A 19 year old male from the Newport area was arrested on suspicion of intent to supplying class A and B drugs.He was charged and remanded to Newport magistrates […]
- Image Released After Racial Abuse on Sheffield to Nottingham Train ukcri.me/64971British Transport Police would like to speak to the man pictured after a couple were racially abused on board a train travelling between Sheffield and Nottingham.At around 8pm on Sunday, 22 May, a couple boarded the train at Sheffield and sat in the middle of the carriage.A man also boarded […]
- Appeal to Find Woman After Homophobic Incident in Brighton ukcri.me/64967Officers would like to speak to the woman pictured in relation to an incident of homophobic abuse in Brighton.At around 8.15am on 15 May, a woman jumped over the barrier at Brighton train station to try and get onto the train without a ticket.When challenged by a male member of […]
- Appeal Following Assault Outside Scarborough Takeaway ukcri.me/64959Police are appealing for information about an assault outside a Scarborough takeaway.The incident happened on Westborough outside Memossa takeaway in Scarborough at 1am on 19/06/16 and involved a male grabbing a female by the wrists and pushing her to the floor after a disagreement within Memossa takeaway.The incident has left […]
- Appeal Following Thefts of Defibrillators in London ukcri.me/64964British Transport Police officers are releasing images of a man following a series of thefts of defibrillators across London stations.The incidents have occurred at: Loughton rail station on 2 April at 3pm Woodford rail station on 5 April at 12.55am Stratford rail station on 2 April at 10.15pm Bow Road […]
- Appeal After Schoolboy Racially Abused and Assaulted on Train in Manchester ukcri.me/64961The incident occurred on Wednesday, 4 May, shortly before 5pm.Investigating officer PC Lee Valentine said: “The victim boarded the 4.56pm East Didsbury to Manchester Piccadilly service and was immediately subject to a barrage of vile racist abuse by a fellow passenger who had boarded the service at East Didsbury.“The man, […]
The East Midlands Regional Assembly has met for the last time before being abolished.
The assembly, which had its final meeting on Friday, includes MEPs, business representatives, and local politicians nominated from councils.
It was launched in Leicester in 1998, but is now being scrapped along with seven other assemblies in England. BBC