- HRH The Prince of Wales visits the Met’s SO15 Counter Terrorism Command ukcri.me/62421Officers and staff from the Metropolitan Police Service’s Counter Terrorism Command (SO15) today, Friday 29 May, welcomed His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales to their offices.The Prince visited New Scotland Yard to hear about the current challenges being faced in the fight against terrorism here in London and abroad.The […]
- 17yr old boy arrested after Oldham rape ukcri.me/62419A boy has been arrested after a girl was raped in Oldham.A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion rape and remains in police custody for questioning Sometime between 8pm and 9:30pm on Tuesday 5 May 2015, a 17-year-old girl met a male on the Metrolink as she travelled from […]
- PC Taiyab Darr found guilty of common assault ukcri.me/62417An officer has been found guilty of common assault following a trial at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Thursday 28 May.PC Taiyab Darr, 36, a serving officer attached to Newham Borough who had pleaded not guilty, was fined £1000 and ordered to pay £500 court costs and £100 surcharge.Following an investigation […]
- Double murder arrest for 16yr old Essex boy ukcri.me/62412Detectives investigating the murders of James Attfield and Nahid Almanea have made an arrest.A 16-year-old boy from Colchester was arrested on the Salary Brook Trail in Colchester at just after 11am on Tuesday, May 26, on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon.Following enquiries by detectives from the Kent and […]
- Duo sentenced after GMP expose plot to ‘chop up’ stolen cars ukcri.me/62406Two men involved in a major criminal plot to ‘chop up’ stolen cars have been sentenced.Shazad Dhean and Tomazz Gutkowski were arrested by Greater Manchester Police as part of Operation Gridiron, which was an investigation into a conspiracy to steal high-powered and luxury cars that were then taken to industrial […]
- Appeal for information following Walton assault ukcri.me/62404Detectives are appealing for information following an incident in Walton on the morning of Thursday, 7 May.At around 10.40am, a 65-year-old woman was calling to her husband from across one side of Salop Road to the other, when she bumped into a man.The man became very aggressive towards her and […]
- Carer sentenced for assaulting elderly lady ukcri.me/62401A woman has been sentenced to three years in prison today, Thursday 28th May, after being found guilty of assaulting a 90-year-old woman in her care. In March 2014, 56-year-old Dorothy Kerridge of West View, Saxmundham was charged with three counts of assault, one count of ill treatment and one count […]
- Appeal for witnesses following George Street assault ukcri.me/62399Police Scotland has appealed for witnesses after a 29-year-old woman was assaulted by another woman at around 7.50am on Tuesday 26 May 2015 on George Street, Aberdeen, near to the Butchers Arms. The woman was approached by the second woman who pushed her and then assaulted her on her arm. […]
- Man sentenced for drugs offences in Hemel Hempstead ukcri.me/62397A man has been sentenced to more than five years in prison after drugs were found in his home in Hemel Hempstead during a proactive warrant. Officers from the Operational Support Group executed the warrant on March 24th 2015 in Epping Green, following information received from the local community. 47-year-old […]
- Men to appear in court over Liverpool and Birmingham drugs-ring probe ukcri.me/62395Police investigating drug offences committed by Organised Crime Groups have arrested a further four people today (Wednesday 27 May) across south Birmingham and at one address in Liverpool.All have been charged with conspiracy to supply Class A Drugs and will appear before Birmingham Magistrates Court tomorrow morning (Thursday 28 May).They […]
The East Midlands Regional Assembly has met for the last time before being abolished.
The assembly, which had its final meeting on Friday, includes MEPs, business representatives, and local politicians nominated from councils.
It was launched in Leicester in 1998, but is now being scrapped along with seven other assemblies in England. BBC